Cat & Dog Teeth Cleaning in Arab
Regular cat & dog teeth cleaning helps keep your pet’s teeth and mouth healthy. Without dental care, tartar and plaque build up on the tooth both above and below the gumline. When left untreated, bacteria in the tartar causes dental disease which results in a painful mouth and discolored teeth. In severe cases, the bacteria can even leak into the bloodstream and cause damage to internal organs. Luckily, all of this is entirely preventable. With routine pet dental care both at home and at Arab Veterinary Hospital near Guntersville and Blountsville, your pet will have a healthy mouth for years to come. Give us a call at (256) 586-3183!
Ready for a Comprehensive Approach to Your Pet's Dental Health?
Pet Dental Care at Arab Veterinary Hospital
Our dental services are comprehensive. We perform a thorough evaluation both above and below the gumline, taking note of periodontal pockets and other signs of disease progression. Such a thorough examination requires anesthesia. We take every precaution possible to ensure your pet's safety, including a pre-anesthetic exam and bloodwork, to ensure your pet is healthy enough to undergo and recover from anesthesia.
Dental care procedures include:
- Full dental exam
- Scaling of tartar from teeth (cleaning)
- Extractions of damaged teeth (if needed)
- Polishing (to smooth the tooth and help prevent the build up of plaque)
Recommendations for At-Home Care
After your pet’s dental procedure, we’ll also talk to you about recommendations for at-home care. Many options exist for convenient pet dental care at home, and the trick is to find the right combination for you and your pet. Brushing is the single most effective way to prevent plaque build-up and should be tried at least a few times a week! Other options for pet dental care at home include:
- Prescription diets (some are designed specifically for dental care, but in general, dry foods are better than canned wet food)
- OraVet chews that clean teeth and also protect against future plaque build-up
- CET chews that use enzymes and an abrasive texture to break down plaque
- Rawhide treats that naturally help reduce plaque build-up
- Pet chew toys that aid in oral health